Saturday, March 17, 2018

BTS: Egg Basket

She loves me, He loves me not...


One of the key pieces of advice I always try to keep in mind in life is to "be careful not to put all your eggs in one basket." Whether that applies to work, money, love, or friends, you never know what can happen so sometimes it's best to tread lightly.

Mickey Ears!


I made this wall hanging out of some fake flower stems I had lying around and a basket that came with a gift. It seemed like a shame to follow old consumer habits and throw it away after the treats were devoured, so I decided to keep it and find it a use.



I've been playing a lot with fake flowers recently and had a lot of stems lying around so I thought it would be cool to pair them together. Initially I was going to put some foam at the bottom and fill it with flowers, but I thought that this might be better.


As I stabbed the stems through the heart shaped basket I couldn't help but wonder if I got some closure or piece of mind for all those who have ever had their heart broken. 


Whether romantic or in a platonic way, there are many ways to break it. No matter how much we want something we always have to have thick skin and be prepared when things don't work out in the way we want them to. But in the end it can be comforting to know that you tried. To all those in love with someone or something, this one's for you. I sincerely hope that you get what you're wishing for.

Le Basket

No comments:

Post a Comment