Monday, March 5, 2018

BTS: 365 Days Outfit Project


At some point during the past 3 years, I started taking pictures of the lower half of my body. Being an ex-fashion design major, and a devout lover of clothing and beautiful things, I've tried a lot of styles. OOTDs aren't really my thing, unless I'm hanging around with someone who likes to take pictures, but I really liked the way some of the clothes I wore looked from my point of view, so I decided to start taking pictures and create a mini pocket book of sorts to capture certain moods.


For most OOTDs, people tend to find pretty locations and try to make it look like they're out and about. For this project however, the floor doesn't lie. I was curious about my overall style and wanted to see what I would come up with. This project is a collection of photos that summarized my life during a painful time, and the wonderful memories that came out of it. I didn't take photos everyday, only on the interesting ones, which is why the number of photos in this collection doesn't match the name, but it is what it is. Daily. (Almost.)

You are reading this BTS on the flip side of beauty. Though I had fun bringing this collection together and organizing it so it would look nice, the main point of this blog is to not only explore my creative side, but also motivate me to live. For a person like me, who recently dropped out of college because she found out she was a higher functioning Autistic and has extreme OCPD, life hits pretty hard. It's really difficult to get up everyday and not feel depressed and motivate myself to do things. 


It seems nearly impossible to go through the motions of daily living making sure that I don't overstretch my sensory limits and don't feel shitty. However, by taking pictures of my life using my phone, it kind of helped me to cope, served as a mini outlet that was solely mine that I didn't have to share if I didn't want to, that allowed me to explore, record, validate my existence, and motivated me to dress up and get out of the house.

Life so far has been pretty bad. I'm not gonna lie, even though things are a hell of a lot better, I'm still struggling everyday. But no matter how bad things get, remember there's always a flip side. Nobody is happy all the time. Shit happens, but when it does, get back on your feet and give life your best middle finger. Create a picture collage if it will help you, you never know what will come out of it. You've got this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment